I’m doing some web design work, and I asked my friend Eric for some reading recommendations because that’s what he does.
He sent me an email with lots of suggestions, and I’m turning that email into a blog post so I can access it more easily.
These are Eric’s recommendations, along with his thoughts.
- Web Design Field Manual is a good place to start.
- Hack Design is a fantastic resource. It’s a very well paced, email based newsletter that gives a crash course on design, why it maters, and how to use it.
- Sidebar is a daily list of 5 of the most interesting articles related to design.
- PatternTap for inspiration/conventions/
patterns to follow. Search pattern libraries and other websites, and the best way to learn is to emulate then iterate.
- An article about new and awesome tools for design
- The design equivalent of Hacker news. Read it occasionally to see what people are talking about.